Sasha Koustov is a member of the firm’s Corporate / Commercial and Securities groups. Sasha combines his investment banking and financial services background with his legal experience in advising owner-managers of private and public corporations on organizational, transactional and financing matters.
Sasha has experience in securities law, having worked with Saskatchewan-based investment companies servicing the mining sector. As well, he has advised a major national newspaper on commercial real estate matters. Sasha speaks fluent Russian, and has extensive experience in immigration law.
Prior to joining McLeod Law, Sasha practiced corporate and commercial law with one of the top law firms in Saskatchewan for five years. His practice was heavily focused in mining law with many deals involving the potash sector.
- Acted as lead Saskatchewan counsel to a multibillion dollar Russian-based fertilizer company with substantial assets in Saskatchewan involving three subsequent asset sales to other international mining companies with deal volumes over $100 million USD, 2011-2013
- Sasha was involved in a $1 billion USD divestiture and several deals under $100 million USD while working in a mergers and acquisitions advisory services, 2013-2016
Sasha was previously involved with many charitable organizations in Saskatchewan and is looking forward to resuming his community involvement in Calgary.
Professional Associations & Activities
- Former President, POW City Kinsmen Club
- Former Director, Canadian Paraplegic Association
- Former Member, Saskatchewan Brain Injury Association, Fundraising Committing
- Merit Award from the Canadian Paraplegic Association, recognizing volunteer services and fundraising efforts, June 2012