Beverly is an Associate in the Wills & Estate Group at McLeod Law. She provides estate planning advice and takes clients through the process of establishing their personal planning documents. She works with clients to understand their wishes and intentions, as well as to ensure that they fully understand their personal plans. She also assists clients in the preparation of all documentation for the administration and probate of estates.
Beverly is an internationally trained lawyer. Prior to moving to Canada she practiced corporate and tax law for seven years in the Philippines. Prior to that, she was a Senior Tax Consultant at one of the ‘Big Four’ global accounting firms. She also worked as a Court Attorney and Chief of Staff in the Philippine Court of Tax Appeals. As a practicing lawyer in the Philippines, Beverly was involved in the incorporation of many Philippine companies, corporate mergers and acquisitions, and transfers of land and other assets for individuals and corporations.
While Beverly was taking her Certificate of Qualification to practice law in Canada through the National Committee on Accreditation of The Federation of Law Societies of Canada, she worked as Paralegal in the Foreclosure Group of McLeod Law. In this role she gained experience in foreclosure law procedures and requirements.
Professional Associations & Activities
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Southern Alberta, Wills & Trusts Section and Taxation (non-specialist)
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- Member, Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Canada
- Presenter, "Why do you need a Will?", Rocky Mountain Aircraft, February 2018
- Presenter, "Why do you need a Will?", World Financial Group's World System Team Builder, April 2018