Charlotte is an associate in the firm’s Corporate/Commercial and Securities group, where she practices in the areas of business and corporate commercial law, corporate finance, capital markets and securities regulation. Charlotte is a recent graduate of Thompson Rivers Faculty of Law in Kamloops, BC. Prior to this, she graduated from the University of Alberta with a major in Political Science and International Relations and a minor in History.
Prior to law school, she worked as assistant to Ron Liepert, Alberta’s former minister of energy in his Calgary MLA office, working on constituency matters and attending various events on behalf of the minister. As well, Charlotte was a company dancer for VIVO Dance Troupe here in Calgary, and MOD Contemporary Dance in Edmonton.
During law school she co-founded and was Vice President of Canadian Lawyers for International Human Rights, Thompson Rivers University chapter (CLAIHR) - a charity that promotes international human rights. Her role in the chapter included organizing fundraising events, and bringing in guest speakers to educate law students on contemporary issues in international human rights. Additionally, she took part in a legal pilot course at Thompson Rivers University to develop an animal cruelty-reporting app, in collaboration with Animal Justice Canada.
After her first year of law school, Charlotte was accepted to the summer law clerking internship at Bay Area Legal Aid in Oakland, California. She worked with immigrant survivors of violence, primarily through immigration legal work, assisting self-represented immigrants at administrative hearings and state court hearings/trials, and advising clients in intake clinic. She was awarded the BC Law Foundation Public Interest Award the following year.
In the summer after her second year of law school, she worked as a legal summer student at Nexen CNOOC Ltd. gaining experience in corporate, oil and gas, regulatory and marketing.
In her spare time, Charlotte enjoys travelling, yoga, dance and has a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
Professional Associations & Activities
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Founder and Vice President, Canadian Lawyers for International Human Rights, TRU Chapter
- Volunteer, 1000 Tibetan Refugees Project
- Volunteer, Calgary Drop-In Centre
- Volunteer, Sant Nirankari Mission, Mumbai, India
- Volunteer, Edmonton Immigration Association
- Volunteer, Canadian Red Cross
- Founding Member, MOD Contemporary Dance Company, University of Alberta
- Volunteer, University of Alberta Student Disability Services
- Volunteer, CIBC Run for the Cure, Telus Walk for Diabetes
- Volunteer, Boyle Street Soup Kitchen, Edmonton, AB
- BC Law Foundation Public Interest Award, 2016
- Jason Lang Scholarship, 2010-2013
- University of Alberta Study Abroad Scholarship in Cortona, Italy, 2011