David is a partner in the Corporate & Commercial and Real Estate practice groups of McLeod Law. He works with small and medium sized business in the following areas:
- Sale and purchase of businesses through asset and share transactions
- Drafting and reviewing employment and shareholder agreements
- Corporate Structuring & Reorganizations
- Debt financings
- Drafting commercial/business legal agreements
David's services in the Real Estate Department include:
- Residential and commercial real estate conveyancing
- Commercial lease drafting and review
- Acting as counsel to lenders and borrowers in financing transactions
David has joined the CHBA-UDI Calgary Region's Commercial/Industrial Committee representing the interests of the commercial development community in negotiating and reviewing existing and new approval processes, guidelines, bylaws, and rules. He also volunteers with Calgary Legal guidance, offering individuals advice in the areas of civil law, landlord/tenant and employment law.
He is a certified fitness trainer and participates in running races. David also volunteers and coaches with the Calgary Power Hockey League – a hockey program for those that require the use of an electric wheelchair for daily mobility.