David is a partner in the Corporate & Commercial and Real Estate practice groups of McLeod Law. He works with entrepreneurs, owner-operators, mid-size enterprises and financial institutions to assist them in the following:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Structuring and Reorganizations
- Corporate Lending and Financing
- Employment and Shareholder Agreements
- Commercial/business transactional agreements
David's services in real estate include:
- Residential, commercial, condominium and agricultural/farmland deal structuring and conveyancing
- Commercial lease drafting, review and negotiation
- Legal counsel to corporations, individuals and financial institutions in financing transactions
David acts as legal counsel to a post-secondary institution in Alberta, advising on land transactions and lease matters, along with providing general corporate advice.
David sits on the advisory board of a local accounting and financial consulting firm.
David is a member of local organization, Calgary BILD and their Emerging Leaders Committee which represents the greater interests of the development and residential real estate industry in Calgary, Alberta.
He volunteers with Calgary Legal guidance, an organization offering individuals advice in the areas of civil law, landlord/tenant and employment law.
David is a certified fitness trainer and participates in running races. He is a volunteer and coach with the Calgary Power Hockey League, a hockey program for people that require an electric wheelchair for their daily mobility.