Jeff Larson is a partner and member of our Commercial Real Estate group. He provides timely and effective legal services to major land development companies in Alberta. He works with clients from the initial negotiation for the purchase of land, planning and servicing, through to the sale of the final residential or commercial product.
With over 26 years of legal experience in the commercial real estate industry, including eight years working in-house as legal counsel to one of the largest land development corporations in Alberta, Jeff has an intimate understanding of the property development cycle. He provides legal counsel to developers and entrepreneurs on projects ranging from 640 acre master-planned communities, to small in-fill developments.
Acting for both lenders and borrowers, Jeff has participated in multi-million dollar land purchase and sale transactions, and complex land development financings. He has been involved in the creation and operation of land-based equity fundraising projects, assisting clients with obtaining and documenting project purchasing and financing loan facilities. Jeff is committed to building strong relationships with clients, fostering and facilitating mutually beneficial, synergistic relationships.
Jeff is an active member in his community, serving as Senator for the University of Calgary and as Chair of Chancellor Search Committee. He was awarded the Gold President’s Award by the Alumni Association of the University of Calgary for his leadership and years of service as past Senator, Board Member, Vice President and President.
In his personal time, when Jeff is not coaching soccer, basketball or hockey, he enjoys skiing and spending time with his wife and three sons.
Events & Speaking Engagements
- CBA Savvy Lawyer Webinar Series, “So You Want to be A Real Estate Lawyer”
Professional Associations & Activities
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Volunteer, minor hockey, basketball and soccer teams
- President, University of Calgary Alumni Association
- Vice President, University of Calgary Alumni Association
- Member of Senate of University of Calgary
- Chair, University of Calgary Chancellor Search Committee
Awards & Recognition
- Gold President’s Award, University of Calgary Alumni Association, for leadership and years of service