Jeff is an experienced civil trial lawyer with more than 15 years of business litigation experience. Over the years Jeff has acted for individuals, small to medium-sized businesses and publicly traded corporations in a wide variety of industries. Jeff also acts for individuals and corporations before various administrative boards and tribunals. Jeff has more than 40 reported decisions from the Court of Queen's Bench to the Supreme Court of Canada.
Notable Reported Decisions:
- McGovern-Burke v Martineau, 2016 ABQB 514 - Successfully represented Plaintiffs at trial in a case involving shareholder rights and the oppression remedy
- Lutheran Church, 2015 - 2016 - Represented a large group of holders of life-leases in condominium units in CCAA proceedings involving the owner of the legal title to the units
- League Assets Corp., 2013 - 2016 - Represented investors in an Alberta commercial real estate project which was subject to CCAA proceedings in British Columbia
- Pacer Promec Energy, 2015 - Represented a large construction company based in Ontario in Corporate Receivership Proceedings regarding Builders’ Lien rights in Alberta
- Novia Development Ltd. v Caleron Properties Ltd., 2016 ABQB 406 - Successfully represented a defendant company at trial in a complex real estate development matter
- The Investment Exchange Mortgage Corporation, 2012 - 2015 - Represented investors in a mortgage investment company fraud case that involved obtaining early Court intervention including a Mareva Injunction, Anton Piller Order and the Appointment of an Inspector under the ABCA. This case resulted in the first extradition proceeding brought by the Alberta Securities Commission in 10 years.
Professional Associations & Activities
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Ukrainian Business Association of Calgary