A firm that feels like family
People are the backbone of any successful organization. Our people — from partners to students — are integral to the firm's success. When you're part of the McLeod Law team, you're part of a collegial, respectful, tightly knit community.
Here are some more reasons why McLeod Law is one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers (2018):
- We work hard but play harder Most employees begin with three weeks of paid vacation. New associates start with four weeks, and all employees get extra time off over the Christmas season.
- Work from anywhere Alternative work options, including flexible hours and telecommuting.
- Pay it forward All employees get one paid day to volunteer in the community every year.
- Stay healthy in every way RRSP matching and premium health benefits.
- Keeping learning In-house training, mentoring, and paid internships.
- Great work deserves recognition Performance-based bonuses.
- Celebrate together Fun social events.
We are always in the market for the right, talented individuals to join our team. You might share our values if you:
- believe the legal profession is, above all else, a service industry
- are forward-thinking, approachable, and collaborative
- are dedicated to the client and developing long-standing relationships
- believe in giving back to the community
Apply to join the McLeod team. Submit a cover letter along with your resume to John Hawke, and we’ll keep it on file for up to six months. You can also check back regularly for new postings.
Substance is important and so is attitude. At McLeod Law, we look for bright, well-rounded students who are active in the community and value relationships. Many of our students grow with the firm to ultimately become partners. In fact, a number of our partners articled with us and built their legal careers at McLeod Law. We set you up for success. Students receive mentorship and go through our intensive professional development program that is designed to give you substantive legal knowledge and practice-management skills with hands-on, direct client contact.
We do an initial review of resumes and transcripts. Then, after the selection process, interviews are held. We hire an average of three articling students each year who rotate between both offices.
2020-2021 application deadline is May 24, 2019.
Summer student opportunities
We’ve filled our summer student positions for the year, but please check back periodically for updates.
How to apply
Apply to join the McLeod team. Submit your resumé, cover letter, current transcripts, and a list of references to us at email@example.com.
Join the team
Our employees are integral to McLeod Law’s success. They are not only a part of our practice groups but are an important part of our client relationships. Our support teams have a broad range of backgrounds, providing the skills and service to support our practice groups in the following areas:
- human resources
- information technology
- legal assistants
We’re looking for people who are committed to providing exceptional client service in a supportive, friendly environment.
Even if there are no current openings, you can still apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to Karryn Mysyk. We’ll keep it on file for up to six months. You can also check back regularly for new postings.
Karryn Mysyk, Human Resources Manager