A firm that feels like family
People are the backbone of any successful organization. Our people — from partners to students — are integral to the firm's success. When you're part of the McLeod Law team, you're part of a collegial, respectful, tightly knit community.
Here are some more reasons why McLeod Law is one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers (2019):
- We work hard but play harder Most employees begin with three weeks of paid vacation. New associates start with four weeks, and all employees get extra time off over the Christmas season.
- Work from anywhere Alternative work options, including flexible hours and telecommuting.
- Pay it forward All employees get one paid day to volunteer in the community every year.
- Stay healthy in every way RRSP matching and premium health benefits.
- Keeping learning In-house training, mentoring, and paid internships.
- Great work deserves recognition Performance-based bonuses.
- Celebrate together Fun social events.
We are always in the market for the right, talented individuals to join our team. You might share our values if you:
- believe the legal profession is, above all else, a service industry
- are forward-thinking, approachable, and collaborative
- are dedicated to the client and developing long-standing relationships
- believe in giving back to the community
Apply to join the McLeod team. Submit a cover letter along with your resume to Karryn Mysyk, and we’ll keep it on file for up to six months. You can also check back regularly for new postings.
Karryn Mysyk, Human Resources Manager
Substance is important and so is attitude. At McLeod Law, we look for bright, well-rounded students who are active in the community and value relationships. Many of our students grow with the firm to ultimately become partners. In fact, a number of our partners articled with us and built their legal careers at McLeod Law. We set you up for success. Students receive mentorship and go through our intensive professional development program that is designed to give you substantive legal knowledge and practice-management skills with hands-on, direct client contact.
We do an initial review of resumes and transcripts. Then, after the selection process, interviews are held. We hire an average of three articling students each year who rotate between both offices.
Applications for the 2022-2023 articling students is now open. Please submit your applications by 4:00 PM MST on May 28, 2021.
Summer student opportunities
The 2021 application deadline for summer students has passed. Please check back with us for more information on when the 2022 summer student opportunities will open.
How to apply
Apply to join the McLeod team. Submit your resumé, cover letter, current transcripts, and a list of references to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the team
Our employees are integral to McLeod Law’s success. They are not only a part of our practice groups but are an important part of our client relationships. Our support teams have a broad range of backgrounds, providing the skills and service to support our practice groups in the following areas:
- human resources
- information technology
- legal assistants
We’re looking for people who are committed to providing exceptional client service in a supportive, friendly environment.
Even if there are no current openings, you can still apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to Karryn Mysyk. We’ll keep it on file for up to six months. You can also check back regularly for new postings.
Karryn Mysyk, Human Resources Manager
At McLeod Law, we have built a culture of collaboration and teamwork and offer a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding career for our staff. We provide the tools and opportunities to help our people develop to their full potential while providing a competitive compensation and benefit package.
Our finance team provides financial and accounting expertise to the Firm, ensuring we have the most up to date and reliable information to support informed decision making. We are an experienced team of professionals who enjoy problem solving in an engaging work environment.
The Accounting Analyst role at McLeod Law is an exciting opportunity for someone who is ready to take on new challenges and develop their career. Working closely with the Controller in our Bannister Office, you will cover a wide variety of responsibilities to ensure the integrity of the Firm’s financial statements. It is a perfect position for someone who enjoys performing account reconciliations, identifying, analyzing and resolving issues, and developing executive reports.
As an Accounting Analyst, you will:
- Assist with development and distribution of profitability reports as they relate to practice groups, subgroups, individual lawyers and matters;
- Assist client matter marginal analysis, client matter pricing and costing, client matter budget and reporting;
- Assist with the firm’s operating and capital budget;
- Analysis and reconciliation of general ledger accounts including depreciation schedules, prepaid accounts, and variance analysis;
- Preparation of various reports to the Compensation Committee;
- Preparation of Monthly Production Report;
- Assist with preparation of the monthly financial statements;
- Capital assets continuity and depreciation schedule;
- Assist in the preparation of semi-annual and annual profitability analysis;
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Post-secondary education preferably in accounting and/or finance;
- Minimum four years of accounting experience, law firm preferred;
- Accounting designation or pursuing a designation an asset;
- Exceptional use of MS Office software, particularly advanced in Excel;
- SQL experience an asset;
- Exceptional analytic and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with vendors and lawyers;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a proactive and positive attitude;
- Strong time management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines;
- Flexibility to adapt working hours during peak periods, including month-end activities, often with tight deadlines during the first 2 weeks of the month; and
- A good command of the English language.
How to apply:
If this sounds like a good fit, then consider joining us by applying to Karryn Mysyk, Human Resources Manager at humanresources@mcleod‐law.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in McLeod Law; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. McLeod Law is an equal opportunity employer that fosters an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment. Please notify us if you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process.