John is responsible for overseeing the financial, strategic and business operations of McLeod Law. He works closely with the partners to implement the key elements of the firm’s strategic plan. John also works with the firm’s management team to provide value-added services to internal stakeholders.
Prior to joining McLeod Law in 2011, John worked with professional service firms in Vancouver for over 20 years, including three other law firms.
John was on the Board of the British Columbia Legal Management Association and its predecessor organization, the Vancouver Association of Legal Administrators, from 1997 to 2001, and again in 2010 and 2011. He also served as President in 1999-2000, and again in 2010-2011.
In his spare time, John enjoys skiing, biking, and hiking in the nearby mountains, and trying to keep up to his six year-old son.
Professional Associations & Activities
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA), 1990
- Member of the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA)
- Member of the Calgary Association Legal Administrators (CALA)
- Member of the British Columbia Law Management Association (BCLMA)
- Served on the Executive of Little Mountain Neighborhood House from 2002 to 2006, a non-profit community organization providing educational, cultural, recreational, and social services to the Vancouver east side (Little Mountain/Riley Park)