I strive to understand my client's business so I can provide tailored, practical advice.
Kai is an associate in the Business Law and Commercial Real Estate Groups practicing in private mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, securities, and lending.
Kai previously worked in the construction industry in a variety of labour and supervisor roles. While in law school, Kai volunteered with the Civil Claims Duty Counsel assisting self-represented parties in a variety of matters. He also coached and played rugby for the Law School’s Rugby club.
Outside of the office, Kai enjoys cooking, and paddle boarding and hiking with his family.
- 2021 University of Calgary, Faculty of Law
- 2017 University of Lethbridge, BA
- 2022 Alberta
Kai acts for both borrowers and private lenders in transactions involving secured and unsecured financings, private mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate matters:
- Assisted the borrower in $125,000,000 credit facility agreement
- Assisted Taiga Gold in its public M&A transaction with SSR Mining for a transaction value of approximately $35 million and delisting from the stock exchange
- Assisted private company in multiple private placements tranches in equity financing
Counsel for commercial and industrial development projects with recent transactions including:
- Acting for private mortgage lender in various loans and property financings
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association Southern Alberta
- Calgary Bar association