For more than 26 years Bill was with our firm, practicing in our Corporate and Commercial Group. Bill was a core member of our firm, contributing a number of years on the firm’s Executive and providing mentorship and guidance to others in the firm.
Bill practiced principally in the areas of corporate and securities law, including corporate finance and regulatory matters and built a strong client base, a testament to his extensive expertise and his ability to understand the client and their perspective, and speak their language.
Bill worked with clients in a very broad range of businesses including energy based industries, manufacturing, mining, technology and professional services.
A skilled negotiator, Bill worked with his clients on transactions involving initial public offerings, take-over bids, mergers and acquisitions, public and private debt and equity offerings, capital pool companies, stock exchange listing matters to regulatory compliance and corporate governance matters.
Bill also worked with clients on matters involving incorporations, reorganizations, share purchase and sale agreements and shareholder agreements.
Bill’s steadfast, friendly demeanour made him a pleasure to work with.
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Local Advisory Committee of the TSX Venture Exchange
- Member, National Advisory Committee of the TSX Venture Exchange
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Director and Secretary, Calgary Interfaith Food Bank
- Past President and former Vice-President of Rideau/Roxboro Community Association
- Past member, Securities Advisory Committee (Alberta Securities Commission)
- Past member, Canadian Architectural Archives Fundraising Committee
- Past director, Calgary Municipal Heritage Property Authority
- Past member, Stephen Avenue Mall Board and past Chairman of Finance Committee
- Past member, Downtown BRZ, Urban Development Committee