McLeod Law Helps Preserve a Part of History for Future Generations
McLeod Law is proud to contribute to the preservation of Alberta's history for future generations by adopting the High River Law Office historical building at Heritage Park. Managing Partner, Robin Lokhorst comments, “We all share a commitment to making a positive impact in our communities and this historic building is just one more way we are doing that”.
The law office symbolizes Alberta’s economic boom of the early 1900s. High River’s first lawyer, James Varley, worked out of this building in 1904 and, in 1908, native Manitoban, Alexander McCorquodale ran his legal career out of the building for 40 years. Mr. McCorquodale’s practice focused on real estate law which is one of the founding areas of McLeod Law. The Calgary Bar Association donated the building in 1967 to Heritage Park and was fully restored 30 years later.