Brian Rogers, Q.C. is Counsel at McLeod Law. He has extensive and varied experience in respect of all types of corporate/business including financing, leasing, development, acquisition, and disposition of all types of real estate properties and projects such as residential, commercial, industrial and infrastructure. Brian has represented clients in many capacities, both as their lead negotiator and as their legal counsel, including negotiations for, and on behalf of the Province of Alberta.
Brian has acted as counsel in regard to the purchase and sale of various businesses by way of a myriad of ownership structures including co-ownership arrangements, joint ventures and limited partnerships. His representative experience includes acting for private and public corporations, from land developers and investors, pension funds, national insurance corporations, hospitality corporations, educational institutions, public school boards, tribal councils, religious institutions to Government agencies and Authorities.
Brian has guest-lectured and taught legal courses and seminars at the University of Calgary, Mount Royal University and Southern Alberta Institute of Technology. He has also prepared and presented materials on behalf of the Legal Education Society of Alberta. Brian continues to be engaged in pro bono legal work for select clients, civic authorities, charitable and religious foundations and organizations.
- Counsel to Centron Group in the 370 Acre $1.2 Billion Eagle Ridge Project including development of both commercial and 2,780 residential units
- Counsel to the Province of Alberta in the $1.42 Billion Southwest Calgary Ring Road project (SWCRR)
- Counsel for the Ktunaxa Kinbasket Tribal Council for the development of the St. Eugene Mission Project in Cranbrook, British Columbia, an award-winning project that resulted in the transformation of a residential school into a hotel, golf course and casino development project
- Negotiations with the City of Calgary and the Federal Government regarding acquisitions and dispositions of public and private lands
- Counsel to private and public corporations in commercial, residential and industrial developments regarding land assemblies, granting of public reserves, easements and road agreements, and related negotiations with the City of Calgary and other municipal and provincial regulatory agencies
- Counsel to various developers in the Garrison Woods project developed involving extensive negotiations concerning the acquisition residential and commercial sites from Canada Lands
- Counsel to various public and private Corporations in real estate matters inclusive of negotiations regarding the acquisition and disposition of real estate properties and the structuring of financing and related securities in the Province of Alberta
- Counsel to Public School Boards in the acquisition of new school sites
- Counsel to various hospitality corporations in the negotiation of land agreements, licensing matters, lease agreements and international contracts
- Counsel for an accredited Olympic hospitality company including negotiating memorandums of understanding, purchase agreements and other operating and hospitality agreements
- Counsel to the Ismaili community in regard to the acquisition, financing and operation of the ismaili Community Centre and Jamatkhana
- Counsel to the Temple B'nai Tikvah in a shared use agreement with the United Church and structuring a memorandum of understanding and completion of the site acquisition
- Counsel to a seniors' care facilities owner and operator in regard to its acquisitions, financing and operations
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 1990
- Guest Lecturer and Presenter, Southern Alberta Institute of Technology
- Guest Lecturer, Mount Royal University
- Guest Lecturer and Presenter, University of Calgary
- Presenter, Legal Education Society of Alberta