Chad is a partner and head of the firm’s Family Law Group. He practices exclusively in the area of family law, providing advice and support to clients in a range of matters from parenting, custody, matrimonial property, common law division of property, to estate litigation as it relates to family law. Chad is committed to helping clients through their divorce or separation, and with the challenges each family faces throughout this emotional process.
Chad also provides Mediation services to help couples navigate difficult separations. Mediation is a fair and amicable process intended to jointly resolve a couple’s parenting and property issues following a separation. The process of Mediation avoids the costs of litigation and the inherent conflict which often results from being in Court.
Chad is based at the firm's southeast office but makes himself available to meet with clients at the firm's downtown office, as required.
Born and raised in Calgary, Chad and his family have lived in Saskatchewan and Ottawa, before returning home in 2005.
Professional Associations & Activities
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association (ACTLA)
- Presenter, Alberta Father Involvement Initiative, “Family Law: Custody and Child Support”, April 15, 2015
- Speaker on the Matrimonial Property Act of Alberta and Division of Assets and Provision for Maintenance and Support at the training session for leadership teams of the Concilliation & Arbitration Board, Social Welfare Board and Economic Planning Board, March 9 2014
- Presenter to 'Families Matter' for fathers who are in the process of separating or divorcing and how to make the process the most respectful for your children, March 20, 2013