Rahim Merchant is an Associate in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution group of McLeod Law LLP. He practices general commercial litigation with a focus on employment matters, shareholder disputes, construction litigation, builder liens and commercial tenancy matters. He also has extensive experience in foreclosure and debt recovery issues.
Rahim has acted as counsel before the Provincial Court of Alberta, the Alberta Court of Appeal and the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench. He has experience in alternative forms of dispute resolution, including mediation.
Professional Associations & Activities
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Volunteer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel, Pro Bono Law Alberta, 2014-Present
- Volunteer, Queen's Bench Amicus Project, Pro Bono Law Alberta, 2014 - Present