Gregory J. Kaladeen
When it comes to protecting my client’s interests, there is no substitute for excellence.
Since being called to the Alberta Bar in 2020, Greg’s practice has emphasized estate litigation involving executor misconduct, mental incapacity and undue influence issues as well as litigation involving adult guardianship and trusteeship issues.
Greg has successfully appeared before the Court of King’s Bench of Alberta and the Court of Appeal of Alberta. While he enjoys making appearances in Court, his passion is helping clients strategize and navigate difficult situations in his practice area. In addition to his estate litigation practice, Greg enjoys assisting clients with estate planning and administration, including subsidiary matters such as real estate, tax planning, and corporate planning.
Greg is working toward his designation as a Trust and Estate Practitioner through the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP), an international body for professional advisors in the trust and estate administration field.
Since moving to Calgary, Greg has supported and donated to the Salvation Army. During his time away from the office Greg enjoys reading, golf and spending time outdoors with his young family.
- 2017 Bond University, JD
- 2014 Canadian Securities Course
- 2013 Queen's University, BA Economics
- 2020 Alberta
- Mackasey Estate (Re), 2022 ABKB 662 - Successfully validated a non-compliant will and parts of a holographic codicil
- Slater Estate (Re), 2022 ABKB 859 – Successfully appeared in a matter involving beneficiary designations to a plan made in a holographic will
- Gordon v Cote, 2023 ABCA 22 – Successfully appeared in the Alberta Court of Appeal to defend a chambers decision which excluded an expert medical report in a formal proof of will matter
- Gordon Estate (Re), 2023 ABKB 132 – Successfully appeared in a summary judgement application dismissing an application for formal proof of a will
Recent Media Coverage
- Featured in “Counsel Comments”, Take Five - Alberta Edition, February 2023
- Featured in "Neighbors of Mahogany", December 2021 Edition
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association (Alberta South), Wills, Estates, and Trust Section
- Canadian Bar Association (Alberta South), Elder Law Section
- Society of Estates and Trusts Practitioners - Student Member - 2022-present