McLeod Law



All fields are required.

The convenience of two offices (downtown and south Calgary) makes it easier to meet with your lawyers.

Calgary South

300, 14505 Bannister Road SE
Calgary, AB T2X 3J3

Get Directions

Calgary Downtown

Manulife Place
500, 707 - 5 Street SW
Calgary, AB T2P 1V8

Get Directions

Words to the wise

McLeod Law Celebrates 40 Years

When we began making plans for McLeod Law’s 40th anniversary, who would have imagined the year would be defined by a global pandemic? ...Read More

Robin G. Lokhorst

McLeod Timeline preview

Filter By

Articles & Publications

172 Results


Summary of Budget 2024 Proposals

McLeod Law LLP’s tax lawyers have prepared this summary of Budget 2024 based on the needs and interests of our clients and their advisors; consequently, certain proposals included in Budget 2024 have been excluded intentionally from this summary. 

This summary is based on the contents of the budget speech delivered in Parliament on April 16, 2024 by the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance and a document released by the Government of Canada entitled “Federal Budget 2024 Tax Measures: Supplementary Information”, which stated that “additional design details will be released in the coming months”.


Upcoming Canadian Regulation of Artificial Intelligence Systems

The Artificial Intelligence and Data Act (Canada) ("AIDA") was tabled in June 2022 as a part of Bill C-27, Digital Charter Implementation Act, 2022, which passed its second reading in the House of Commons on April 24, 2023 and is currently being considered by the Standing Committee on Industrial Technology.


Resolutions Explained

There are 3 types of Resolutions those involved in Condominium governance must be aware of and understand – the Special Resolution, the Ordinary Resolution and the Board Resolution. Each of these have different requirements for passing and they cannot be used interchangeably.


2022 Personal Information Privacy Breach Report Released

The Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner (OIPC) recently released a report (Report) analyzing privacy “breaches” (as defined in the Report) in Alberta over the last decade, showing some interesting trends. 

OIPC’s Report suggests that the most common breaches have shifted from unintentional or non-malicious loss of information to intentional or malicious unauthorized access of information.



Everything You Should Know About "The Merge"

Sometime around September 15, 2022, the ethereum blockchain will hit its terminal total difficulty and transition to a new consensus mechanism. This upcoming event is known as "The Merge", and it is a huge deal.



Sign up to receive news and updates.