As a member of the Wills & Estates group, Aman’s legal practice is dedicated to assisting family members in resolving disputes related to estates and represented adults.
A recent member of the Alberta Bar, Aman graduated from McGill University’s integrated Common Law and Civil Law program in 2017. While at McGill, she participated in the Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot, placing second with her partner in the Best Respondent Memorial category in the Canadian National Rounds.
Prior to attending law school, Aman worked as a business analyst in the Financial Markets department at the Bank of Canada for two years. In this role, Aman supported Government of Canada bond auctions and assisted in several high-priority projects. She most recently worked at an integrated property and asset management firm in Calgary, where she ensured continued compliance with Alberta property law and regulations and led tenants through the rental application process.
Aman currently sits on the condo board of her home in Calgary and is fluent in English, French and Punjabi. Beyond helping clients and the law, Aman enjoys travelling and learning new languages, reading, and spending time outdoors with her family and friends.
Professional Associations & Activities
- Member, Advocates Society
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Students Canada, Court Assistance Program (Queen's Bench Amicus Program), 2017-current
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Students Canada, Civil Claims Duty Counsel, 2017-current
- Student Volunteer, Children’s Legal & Educational Resource Centre
- Caseworker, PINAY Legal Clinic, 2015-2016
- Student Volunteer, McGill Legal Information Clinic, 2014-2016
- Panelist, McGill Law Graduate Conference, “The Legal Challenges in Cyberspace”, Montreal, May 2016
- Class of ’62 Professor John W. Durnford Bursary Recipient, 2013-2014
- Dean’s Honour List, 2011-2012