Jackie is a partner and head of the Personal Injury group at McLeod Law. With over 25 years of experience in litigation, she has focused her practice exclusively in the area of personal injury law. Jackie’s practice includes motor vehicle accident cases, which encompasses catastrophic injury cases, and insurance law. Jackie is committed to acting exclusively for Plaintiffs in seeking fair and just compensation for victims and families impacted by injuries.
Jackie articled at McLeod Law in 1990 and has practiced in all areas of civil litigation, with extensive Court of Queen’s Bench experience. She has participated successfully in countless mediations and Judicial Dispute Resolutions and has also appeared in administrative tribunals, including the WCB Appeals Commission.
Jackie was honoured to be appointed as Queen’s Counsel by the Lieutenant Governor in Council for the Province of Alberta in December of 2011.
Clients have given Jackie a rating of 5 out of 5 on Martindale-Hubbell and Canadian-Lawyers.ca, the highest client rating available. To read these reviews of Jackie, please click here. She has also received outstanding client reviews on Google.
Born and raised in Calgary, Jackie is a dedicated volunteer in the community. She contributes to numerous charitable, professional, community and political organizations. Jackie is married with two children, and in her spare time enjoys travelling, running and being a ‘foodie’.
- Client rating of 5/5 by Martindale Hubbell and Canadian-Lawyers.ca - click here to read the reviews
- Recipient of two separate awards for service to the community, 2009 and 2017
- Recognition by The Canadian Bar Association for service, 2016
- Recipient of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal, 2012
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 2011
- "Issues and Considerations in Making a Claim Pursuant to the SEF 44 Endorsement", Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association Seminar, October 2017, Kristy Williams & Jackie Halpern, Q.C.
- "Subrogated Rights of Employers: Alive and Well in Alberta, Hammond v. DeWolfe, 2014 ABCA 81", The Barrister, ACTLA, December 2014
- Volunteer Contributing Editor, Women & the Law, 7th edition, Calgary Legal Guidance, 2011
- Guest speaker at the Personal Injury Subsection of the Canadian Bar Association: 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Guest speaker at the University of Calgary Law School’s Trial Advocacy course, January, 2016
- Moderator at the McLeod Law LLP Health Care Symposium, 2015 and 2016
- Presenter at numerous health care clinics in Calgary, regarding the Minor Injury Regulations, 2007 to present
- Presenter at SAIT, Registered Massage Therapist course, 2010
Professional Associations & Activities
- Executive, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association: Secretary 2018 and continuing; Treasurer 2017-2018
- Board Member, Alberta Civil Trial Lawyers Association, 2016 - present
- Executive of the Personal Injury Subsection of the Canadian Bar Association – Alberta, 2014 - present
- Past Chair of the Personal Injury Subsection of the Canadian Bar Association – Alberta, 2014 - 2016
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Member, Association of Women Lawyers
- Co-chair, Womens Legal Forum Sponsorships Committee, 2017
- Chair, CHW’s annual fundraising campaign benefiting ‘Children, Healthcare, Women’, 2011 to present
- Board Member, JCFC organization of Calgay, 2014 to present
- Past Board Member, Calgary Glenmore Progressive Conservative Association, 2012 to 2017
- Past Board Member, JFS Calgary, 2013 - September 2017
- Volunteer, Feed the Hungry (annually)
- Past Vice-President, Beth Tzedec Synagogue
- Past President, The Calgary Jewish Academy, as well as numerous other Board positions
- Past Fundraiser, Canadian Diabetes Association, Multiple Sclerosis Society and Kidney Foundation
- Past case worker, Calgary Legal Guidance