Randy is an associate in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Group of McLeod Law LLP. Randy has appeared in the Provincial Court of Alberta and the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench. Randy has assisted in preparing legal arguments for disputes in the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench and in the Alberta Court of Appeal.
During his time at law school, Randy volunteered with Student Legal Services in their Criminal Program. Randy also volunteered with Pro Bono Law Alberta’s Civil Claims Duty Counsel and Queen’s Bench Amicus programs. Through these programs, Randy assisted individuals in navigating the civil claims process for the Provincial Court of Alberta and the Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench.
In Randy’s last year of studies, he was accepted into the University of Calgary Provincial Court Clerkship program. During this clerkship, he worked directly with Judges of the Provincial Court of Alberta, gaining an up-close perspective of litigation and Alberta’s court system.
Prior to law school, Randy completed two undergraduate degrees in History and Political Science. During his studies, Randy volunteered with the Elizabeth Fry Society’s Adult Criminal Court Program and with Calgary Legal Guidance where he developed and presented a seminar on employment law to a group of local small business owners. In addition, Randy worked as a Legal Services Officer with Legal Aid Alberta. As a Legal Services Officer, Randy assisted low income Albertans in accessing legal services in areas of civil, criminal, and family law.
Randy continues to volunteer with Pro Bono Law Alberta in both the Civil Claims Duty Counsel Program and the Queen’s Bench Amicus Program. Outside of the office, Randy enjoys spending time outdoors with his wife and daughter.
Professional Associations & Activities
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Calgary Bar Association
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Students Canada, Civil Claims Duty Counsel/QB Amicus Project, 2014-2016
- Volunteer, Student Legal Services 2013-2014
- Volunteer, Calgary Legal Guidance, 2013
- Volunteer, Elizabeth Fry Society, 2012-2013
- Society of Estate and Trust Practitioners (STEP) Canada Law Prize in Estate Planning and Trusts, 2016
- Pro Bono Law Alberta, Award for Highest Number of Shifts Attended by a Volunteer Law Student, 2015
- Miller Thomson LLP Legal Ethics Prize, 2015
- Irv Goldman Memorial Prize, 2015