Practical advice for fair employers
Fair employers understand the importance of employment agreements, policies and procedures. They also enjoy lower staff turnover, more productivity, and fewer lawsuits.
We’re experienced and adept at helping our clients avoid costly and unnecessary litigation. We take a proactive approach to employment issues and will give you the best counsel for your business and future.
If disputes arise, we’ll help you reach a fair resolution as quickly as possible. We know how to get to the core issue, find the right options for you, and, if needed, bring the right experts together. We have extensive experience with mediation and the arbitration process and often use them to settle outside of court.
We advise companies on drafting and delivering employment contracts, personnel policies manuals, practices, and agreements. These all need to follow employment standards and human rights legislation.
We can also help with:
- Employment agreements and associate contracts for professionals
- Employee termination packages and severance determination
- Enforcing confidentiality, non-competition, and non-solicitation agreements
- Disputes involving wrongful dismissal, discrimination, the departure of key employees, human rights, fiduciary duties, workplace harassment, and seniority issues
- Workers' compensation and disability claims
- Other major employment issues, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate takeovers, and company reorganizations
Lawyers who pick up the phone
You need a responsive lawyer who focuses on your needs and goals, and advises you accordingly. We take a practical approach to action and settlement, and use plain language—not legal jargon.
A more economical system
We start by weighing costs against benefits and continue to do this at every step of the process. We assign tasks to the right people at the right seniority and skill levels to stay efficient and avoid unnecessary costs. You’ll also benefit from our favourable hourly fee structure.