Aman is a recent graduate of the McGill University integrated Common Law and Civil Law program. During her legal studies, she assisted community members with their legal questions through her roles as a student volunteer at the McGill Legal Information Clinic and as a caseworker with the PINAY Legal Clinic. She also participated in the Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot, placing second with her partner in the Best Respondent Memorial category in the Canadian National Rounds.
Prior to attending law school, Aman worked as a business analyst in the Financial Markets Department at the Bank of Canada for two years. In this role, Aman supported Government of Canada bond auctions and assisted in several high-priority projects. She most recently worked at an integrated property and asset management firm in Calgary, where she ensured continued compliance with Alberta property law and regulations and led tenants through the rental application process.
Aman currently sits on the condo board of her home in Calgary and is fluent in English, French and Punjabi. Beyond the law, Aman enjoys travelling and learning new languages, reading, and spending time outdoors with her family and friends.
Professional Associations & Activities
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Student Volunteer, Children’s Legal & Educational Resource Centre
- Caseworker, PINAY Legal Clinic, 2015 – 2016
- Student Volunteer, McGill Legal Information Clinic, 2014 – 2016
- Panelist, McGill Law Graduate Conference, “The Legal Challenges in Cyberspace”, Montreal, May 14-16, 2016
- Class of ’62 Professor John W. Durnford Bursary Recipient, 2013 – 2014
- Dean’s Honour List, 2011 – 2012