Randolph (Randy) W. Mitchell
OFFICE: Calgary South
I strive to provide clients with a clear, practical, and cost-effective roadmap to resolving their disputes.
Randy is an associate in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution group at McLeod Law, and practices in a wide variety of areas. He has acted in employment disputes, shareholder disputes, various loan enforcement and collection matters, as well as urban and rural lease and property disputes.
Randy has assisted with matters in the Provincial Court of Alberta, the Alberta Court of Queen’s and in the Alberta Court of Appeal.
- 2016 University of Calgary, JD
- 2012 University of Calgary, BA (History, with Distinction)
- 2012 University of Calgary, BA (Political Science, with Distinction)
- 2017 Alberta
- Prepared written arguments for a successful appeal of a costs award in the British Columbia Court of Appeal.
- Assisted in representing a national firm at the successful mediation of a large construction dispute in Saskatchewan.
- Assisted in defending a spouse’s designation as a beneficiary under a life insurance policy.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
- Society of Estate and Trust Practitioners, Canada Law Prize in Estate Planning and Trusts, 2016
- Pro Bono Law Alberta, Award for Highest Number of Shifts Attended by a Volunteer Law Student, 2015
- Miller Thomson LLP Legal Ethics Prize, 2015
- Irv Goldman Memorial Prize, 2015
- A Recent Court Caution in Use of Retroactive Capacity Experts at Trial, April 18, 2018
- Significant changes to Alberta's Employment Standards & Labour Relations Codes, March 1, 2018
- Formal Offers of Settlement: Utilizing the Rules of Court to Encourage the Early Resolution of Claims, October 4, 2016
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association
- The Advocates' Society
- Legal Aid Alberta
- Board of Governors
- Pro Bono Law Alberta
- Volunteer, Civil Claims Duty Counsel/QB Amicus Project, 2014-2016
- Student Legal Services
- Volunteer, 2013-2014
- Calgary Legal Guidance
- Volunteer, 2013
- Elizabeth Fry Society
- Volunteer, 2012-2013
- Legal Aid Alberta