Austin practices civil litigation with a focus in personal injury, product liability and personal insurance disputes. Austin is an advocate for clients who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents, slip or trip incidents, assaults, animal attacks and injuries caused by defective or faulty manufacturing. Austin represents people who have often lost income as a result of personal injury.
In his insurance practice, Austin represents individuals who have a dispute with their insurer regarding disability benefits, life insurance, health insurance and travel insurance.
As a client advocate, Austin has appeared before both the Court of Queen's Bench and Provincial Court of Alberta. He is a member of the Law Society of Alberta, called to the bar in August 2015.
Notable Case Decisions
- Jones v. Stepanenko ABQB 295, May 27, 2016
Professional Associations & Activities
- Member, Law Society of Alberta
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Synaptic Spinal Cord Injury & Neuro Rehabilitation Centre
- Former Chairman and CEO, Classic Charity Events Ltd.
- Former Volunteer, Elizabeth Fry Society