Clients appreciate my diligence and dedication to getting the job done right.
Daniel acts for buyers and sellers of various residential and retail properties, as well as business owners, lenders, borrowers, landlords, tenants, and commercial developers to advise them on commercial transactions and real estate law.
He also advises clients on commercial transactions and real estate law, as well as general corporate and commercial matters, including:
- business acquisitions
- preparation and negotiation of shareholders’ agreements, limited partnership agreements, and joint ventures
He has represented private corporations concerning corporate governance, director and officer duties and responsibilities, and other contractual and business matters.
- 2012 University of Calgary, JD
- 2008 University of Calgary, BSc (Honours)
- 2018 Alberta
- Acting for an Alberta-based builder in connection with corporate structuring of development ventures, site acquisition, related financing loan facilities, subsequent development work and presale matters for planned residential communities and mixed-use projects.
- Acting for an international real estate developer for numerous dispositions of syndicated development land parcels held in undivided ownership structures involving hundreds of domestic and foreign investors.
- Acting for an Alberta-based privately owned real estate investment company on the purchase of a retail shopping centre for CA$52 million.
- Acting for a hotel developer and operator on the purchase of a Calgary hotel property for CA$12 million.
- Acting for a local entrepreneur in the negotiation and acquisition of a CA$750,000.00 ownership stake in a local business.
- Assisting a start-up with the partnership structuring for small infill development ventures, site acquisitions, and related financing loan facilities.
- Advising in connection with numerous commercial leases in office, retail, and industrial properties in Alberta.
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association
- Inn from the Cold
- Volunteer, 2001-present
- St. Vincent de Paul Society
- Volunteer, 2002-present
- Feed the Hungry
- Volunteer, 2003-present
- Inn from the Cold