Clients appreciate my diligence and dedication to getting the job done right.
Daniel acts for buyers and sellers of various residential and retail properties, as well as business owners, lenders, borrowers, landlords, tenants, and commercial developers to advise them on deal structuring, drafting, review, negotiation, and conveyancing in real estate law.
Additionally, he also advises clients on general corporate and commercial matters, including:
- mergers and acquisitions
- corporate structuring and reorganization
- corporate lending and financing
- employment and shareholder agreements
- commercial/business transactional agreements
He has represented private corporations concerning corporate governance, director and officer duties and responsibilities, and other contractual and business matters.
- 2012 University of Calgary, JD
- 2008 University of Calgary, BSc (Honours)
- 2013 Alberta
- Acting for an Alberta-based builder in connection with corporate structuring of development ventures, site acquisition, related financing loan facilities, subsequent development work and presale matters for planned residential communities and mixed-use projects.
- Acting for an international real estate developer for numerous dispositions of syndicated development land parcels held in undivided ownership structures involving hundreds of domestic and foreign investors.
- Acting for an Alberta-based privately owned real estate investment company on the purchase of a retail shopping centre for CA$52 million.
- Acting for a hotel developer and operator on the purchase of a Calgary hotel property for CA$12 million.
- Acting for a local entrepreneur in the negotiation and acquisition of a CA$750,000.00 ownership stake in a local business.
- Assisting a start-up with the partnership structuring for small infill development ventures, site acquisitions, and related financing loan facilities.
- Advising in connection with numerous commercial leases in office, retail, and industrial properties in Alberta.
RECENT MEDIA COVERAGE
- "Why some Canadians are buying houses without the help of a realtor." CBC News, February 2023
- Law Society of Alberta
- Canadian Bar Association
- Secretary, Real Property Law, Residential Section, South, 2020-present
- Calgary Bar Association
- Lunchbox Theatre
- Board of Directors, 2019-present
- Inn from the Cold
- Volunteer, 2001-present
- St. Vincent de Paul Society
- Volunteer, 2002-present
- Feed the Hungry
- Volunteer, 2003-present
- Lunchbox Theatre
- Teaching Roles & Speaking Engagements
Condominium Law Update
CBA Alberta, March 2023