Whether raising startup capital through the exempt market, going public with an initial public offering, founding a capital pool corporation or commencing a reverse take-over, our Securities & Corporate Finance lawyers have the expertise to guide our clients through the maze of the capital markets and the abundance of securities regulation and policy.
Our lawyers understand the regulatory compliance and corporate governance that is imperative to successfully conduct business in the public markets. Our Securities & Corporate Finance lawyers have forged relationships with the regulators at the Alberta Securities Commission and the major Canadian stock exchanges, being the TSX, TSXV and CDNX.
We act on behalf of private and public issuers, and investment dealers in brokered financings and exchange listing sponsorships. This gives us a unique perspective into both sides of the capital markets world.
We provide advice and services on a variety of Securities & Corporate Finance matters, including:
- Stock exchange listings (TSX, TSXV and CNSX)
- Capital markets
- Prospectus offerings and private placements
- Plans of arrangements and business combinations
- Capital pool corporations and reverse-take-overs
- Exempt market financings, mortgage investment corporations and offering memorandums
- Investment review and due diligence
- Going private transactions
- Deal structuring
- Regulatory compliance
- Corporate governance
- Shareholder meetings
Through our affiliation with the TAGLaw global network, we can connect our clients to qualified and respected law firms outside of Alberta, for legal needs in any other province, state or country.
- Darren Fach, panel moderator, "Regulatory Essentials - A Local, National and International Perspective on Existing and Proposed Prospectus Exemptions in Support of Equity Crowdfunding", 2014 Canadian Equity Crowdfunding Conference, May 27, 2014