The Wills & Estates Group of McLeod Law has dedicated lawyers practicing in the area of guardianship, trusteeship, supported decision making and emergency decision making applications. We have a keen understanding of the Guardianship and Trusteeship legislation, Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped legislation (“AISH”) and Persons with Disability program (“PDD”).
Our lawyers have extensive expertise in developing and implementing the law of guardianship and trusteeship, and are involved with government organizations in the practical application of this legislation.
Our depth of expertise in this area of law makes us one of the foremost firms in Alberta practicing in the area of guardianship and trusteeship. Our services include:
- General applications for guardianship and trusteeship
- Passing of accounts
- Discharges and releases of Guardians and Trustees
- Litigation resulting from the actions of Guardians and Trustees
- Appointment and replacement of Guardians and Trustees
- Emergency and temporary orders
- Supported decision making authorizations
- AISH, PDD applications and appeals
We assist our clients in understanding the interplay among Alberta’s laws while achieving practical solutions for when a loved one requires the protection and benefits of the Adult Guardianship and Trusteeship Act, Assured Income for the Severely Handicapped Act and Persons with Disability Program afforded to all Albertans with a disability.